Prosecution for the City of Ithaca
The City Attorney's office prosecutes certain types of cases for the city. Assistant City Attorney Robert A. Sarachan is the city prosecutor.
The city prosecutes cases which include the following:
- noise, open container, public urination, littering, underage possession of alcohol (see FAQ and Penalty Chart)
- exterior maintenance cases- garbage, sidewalks, etc.; (click here for procedure)
- building code
- fire code
- dogs: off leash, biting, unlicensed
- most other Ithaca City Code Violations
- NOT parking tickets
- other miscellaneous matters
Requests for Adjournments
Do not contact the prosecutor to request an adjournment- only the Ithaca City Court can grant an adjournment.
The city prosecutor holds regular walk-in office hours in his office on the 3rd floor of the Ithaca City Court Building, located at 118 E. Clinton St., Ithaca NY. It is first come first served- no appointments.
Regularly Scheduled Hours:
Wednesdays & Thursdays,
noon to 1:00 pm
NO OFFICE HOURS THURSDAY APRIL 17.
In addition, the prosecutor is usually available in his office to meet during Wednesday Court Sessions: 9:00 am to noon.
While the prosecutor is usually available during these hours, due to the uncertainty of court and other factors, you may wish to email or call ahead to confirm office hours, as there are some of these times which are quite busy, or when the prosecutor may not be available.
write: 118 E. Clinton St., Ithaca NY 14850