The Residential Parking Permit System is for the East Hill area of the city near Cornell University in the R1 or R2 zones. To join the system, residents must file a petition with the City Clerk's Office that is signed by at least 51% of the residents of the street block.
When a block joins the system, additional parking regulations are initiated to limit long-term parking:
- One half of the block will be "No Parking 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m."
- The other half of the home will be "No Parking 1:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m."
- These regulation are effective Monday through Friday.
Residents on the blocks within the Residential Parking Permit System are eligible to purchase parking permits that exempt them from the above regulations and allows them to park on the street during the day without having to move their vehicles. Only residents that live within these blocks may purchase the permits. Zoning regulations may limit the number of available permits.
- Annual Cost is $45
- Permits are valid from August 1st through July 31st.
- The City does not pro-rate the cost of the permits.
For more information, contact the Clerk's Office at (607) 274-6570 or visit their webpage.
- To purchase a parking permit, personal identification and license plate numbers of the vehicles that will use the permit are required at the time of sale or when a permit is transferred to another person.
- Up to two vehicles may be registered for a single permit, however, only one (1) vehicle can be parked in a garage at a time.
- Monthly permits are good for thirty (30) days beginning the date of purchase. These permits can be renewed for up to three (3) months at a time.
- Permit fees and proximity (permit) cards are nonrefundable, however, you may transfer your permit to another person by visiting the Chamberlain's Office.
- To park in a garage or at a time not covered by your permit, you must take an hourly ticket and pay the hourly rate. (Leave the ticket on the dashboard of your vehicle.)
- Lost or Stolen permit cards must be reported within 48 hours. If you fail to report the lost or stolen card within 48 hours, you will be held liable for any unpaid use of the garage with that permit card.
- Please contact the Chamberlain's Office to protest an hourly charge (within 24 hours), pay a bill, or obtain a receipt.
Long Term Vehicle Storage is NOT available in city-owned parking garages. You must move your vehicle on a daily basis.
After 72 hours, you may be billed $25.00 for each 24-hour period over the limit or your vehicle may be considered abandoned and subject to towing at owner's expense!
Vehicles not moved within 24 hours during snow emergencies, or after given 24-hour notice, may be towed at owner's expense.
For more information on Long Term Parking, please go to the Chamberlain's Office.
For fees and other information regarding parking in City-owned parking garages (Dryden Road, Seneca Street and Green Street), please go to the Chamberlain's Office webpage.
Dryden Road Garage
Entrances & Exits:
Dryden Road - Entrance for all users; Cashier exit for all users.
Seneca/Tioga Street Garage
Entrances & Exits:
Seneca Street side - Entrance for all users; Exit for permit card holders only.
Tioga Street side - Entrance for all users; Cashier exit for all users.
Green Street Garage
Green Street side - Entrance for all users; Cashier exit for all users.
Director of Parking Frank Nagy 108 E. Green St. Ithaca, NY 14850
Phone: (607) 274-6532 Fax: (607) 274-6587
Email: Parking Division (email@example.com)
Hours: 7:00 a.m. - 3:30 p.m. Monday - Friday